January 2021 – December 2022
IMprovement and extension of good Practices of Alternative Care and proTection (IMPACT): evolving existing alternative care initiatives for unaccompanied and separated children in Sweden, France, Italy, the Netherlands and beyond.
– Nidos (the Netherlands, Coordinator)
– Agir pour le Lien social et la Citoyenneté (France)
– Save the Children Sweden
– Save the Children Italy
The IMPACT project supports further implementation of alternative care systems for unaccompanied children in the EU member states Italy, France, Sweden and the Netherlands. This is done by building on the results of earlier efforts and by sharing knowledge and expertise. Training is also provided, to increase the competency of social workers, care providers and others working with unaccompanied children and foster carers.
The project will contribute to the protection of unaccompanied children by expanding and improving existing alternative care systems, both in project partner countries and beyond. This kind of care should not only be available for the target group, but must also be adequate for their needs. So as part of the project, care providers and others working in the field of alternative care are trained on how matching can be enhanced and extended to provoke the best outcomes for children and enable them to fully access and exercise their rights.
- Collect opinions and experiences of UAC on the alternative care offered to them
- Exchange good practises between countries of project partners and beyond
- Develop and implement an information campaign in Italy to increase the number of families interested in foster care for UAC
- Develop and conduct a pilot to ensure matching trauma care to UAC in Alpes-Maritimes, France
- Evaluate existing practise on alternative care for UAC in the Netherlands to further adapt the system to the needs of the children who are in it
- Develop training for staff working with UAC and staff and care providers working with families taking care of UAC (Offer bespoke trainings directly in Italy, France, Sweden and the Netherlands and train actors from other Member States in 2 international train-the-trainers
- Disseminate the training methodologies, make the training materials accessible through websites and networks.
- The material of the training of trainers in different languages can be found at the menu on the right side of this page.
- The factstheet and infograpic can be found below.